Since its inception Great Works Land Trust has succeeded in protecting important lands in South Berwick, Berwick, North Berwick, Wells and Ogunquit.Accomplishments:
- Total acres conserved to date = 4,074
- 82 projects completed
- Acres owned = 1,618
- Acres under easement = 1,689
- Acres conserved through partnership or passed onto another organization = 767
The long awaited GWRLT Strategic Conservation Plan has been completed and is ready for adoption by the Board. Thank you to everyone who participated in our online and one-on-one interviews (all 100+ of you!). We are very grateful for all of the work that the Wells Reserve, Coastal Services, our consultant Barb Welch, the volunteer GWRLT Board of Directors and Tin Smith in particular dedicated to this project.
|This plan was supported by a grant from the Land Trust Alliance in conjunction with the Maine Coast Protection Initiative along with significant donations of time, expertise and GIS services from the Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve.|
Although Great Works Regional Land Trust is always seeking opportunities for protecting land within our region, we have focus there are areas in which we are particularly interested in protecting. Our current focus areas includes the following:
Find out more about our focus areas
- Mt. Agamenticus Region
- Watershed Protection
- Farmland Protection
- Bauneg Beg Mountain Region
- Beaver Dam Heath
Find out more about our public places, including directions and trail maps .
- Orris Falls Conservation Area (Thurrell Road, South Berwick)
- Bauneg Beg Mountain Conservation Area (Fox Farm Hill Road, North Berwick)
- Douglas Memorial Woods (State Road, Eliot)
- Beach Plum Farm (Route One, Ogunquit)
- The Raymond & Simone Savage Wildlife Preserve (Route 101, South Berwick on Eliot line)
Current projects page in process.
Intro to current projects with list: